Hand Count Votes Now! Info and Updates
On Tuesday, don't forget to vote on paper!
October Campaign Update
Over the past four weeks we have been working hard to complete a few last counts, continue the legal fight for the right to count in Waukesha County, and finalize the process of analyzing the enormous amount of hand counted data we've collected over the past two and a half months.
Additionally, on October 25th Hand Count Votes Now members testified at a special election integrity hearing called by State Senator Kathleen Vinehout. At the hearing Jolie Lizotte and Margy Lambert spoke about the preliminary findings of this historic project, and listed out action steps the government and public can take to protect future elections.
Because the amount of data we have collected is so massive we unfortunatley will be unable to release our final report prior to the November general election. So much hard work and dedication has gone into this project over the past four months that we feel we must give the data the statsitical attention it deserves before releasing. To stay up to date on the latest campaign info please sign up for email updates here.
In the meantime, please visit our fellow Liberty Tree project No More Stolen Elections! to learn about how you can protect the upcoming fall election.
Mid-September Campaign Update
Now, almost 1,000 volunteers and hundreds of thousands of ballots later, we are preparing to wrap up this vital campaign and issue a report with our findings.
- Inconsistent and tamper-prone methods of securing ballot bags
- Widespread use of unverifiable touch screen machines in a state where these devices are officially designated as handicap accessible equipment only
- And most disturbingly, a number of counties where our hand-counts of paper optiscan ballots often differed from election night totals.
- Waukesha County- last month we won a huge victory in the fight to count ballots in Waukesha. Infamous county clerk Kathy Nickolaus (of the 2011 Supreme Court race fame) had threatened to illegally destroy the ballots, but backed down in the face of grassroots pressure. However she is still refusing to grant us access to the election materials, and so the fight to count in this hugely important county continues!
- Finishing up counts in other high priority counties where discrepancies have been found. The bigger our data set, the more complete our picture of these problems will be.
- Compiling what percentage of Wisconsin voters used unverifiable touch-screen voting machines. Unbelievably, this information is not compiled by the state election authority, and so normally is not available to the public (or anyone for that matter).
After we have completed these crucial tasks we will be releasing a report detailing our findings along with action steps to protect the upcoming fall election.
Your contribution is needed today to make this important work possible. At the Wisconsin Wave we run our election integrity efforts under the banner No More Stolen Elections- together we can make that battle cry a reality!
Waukesha Ballot Update- 8/13
Action Alert- Rally in Waukesha to Prevent Ballot Destruction!
While many County Clerks have been more than happy to work with us, Waukesha County's Kathy Nickolaus has illegally denied our open records request to view ballots in the county.
Furthermore, just last FRIDAY we learned that she is illegally planning on destroying Waukesha's ballots as early as THIS Monday at NOON, despite the fact that open records law gives petitioners 60 days to appeal a denial. If the ballot destruction does occur we'll never know to what extent machine error and/or fraud might have affected election totals in Waukesha!
Campaign Update- 8/9/12
- Recruiting and training over 750 volunteers from all over Wisconsin and beyond
- Hand counting ballots in more than 10 high-priority counties
- Educating people across the state and the country about the importance of hand counting ballots
=> To volunteer as a ballot counter at locations throughout the state click here
=> To contribute to this important effort to safeguard our democracy click here
How did Wisconsin REALLY vote on June 5th?
Exit polls reported by major news outlets at 8pm put the race at a 50-50 dead heat. However less than an hour later, with only 25% of precincts reporting, those same outlets called the race for Walker. This early prediction was later matched by the official count which settled at 53% for Walker and 46% for Barrett.
But was that how Wisconsinites really voted? As recent history such as Ohio in 2004 shows, huge disparities between exit polls and official totals can point to systemic fraud in the tamper-prone machines that count our ballots.
These concerns were amplified when citizen-observers monitoring the Racine Senate recount decided to also double check the gubernatorial race. The results were extremely disturbing- in the Racine wards which were fully hand counted, statistically significant differences were found between the hand counted totals and the GAB reported totals. Even more troubling, in EVERY case these disparities benefited Walker over Barrett, drastically decreasing the likelihood they could've been caused by random erro
However time is of the essence, and your support is needed right now!
Some counties are threatening to destroy their ballots within the next two weeks unless onerous and arbitrary fees are paid to satisfy the open records request. This means we must raise thousands of dollars in a short amount of the time to complete this vital project. It also means we must move quickly to count as many ballots as we can.